- Line burner well on the stove with aluminium foil to reflect heat and cook more efficiently.
- Cook several dishes in the oven at a time.
- Defrost the freezer when the ice is thick.
- Let dishes come to room temperature before storing them in the refrigerator or freezer. It takes more energy to cool hot food.
- Use a full load to run the washing machine.
- Use your washing machine only for full loads.
- Install fluorescent lights if possible, they use less energy than incandescent lights.
- Turn off lights, radios and televisions when there is no one in the room.
- Clean and replace filters of air conditioners regularly.
- Have the air conditioner serviced regularly.
- Avoid using electric toothbrushes and can openers, they waste energy.
- Showers generally use less water than baths. To save energy and water, have a shower instead of a bath.
- Don’t waste water by leaving the tap running.
- Carpool, ride your bike, take the bus or combine trips to use less fuel in your car.
- Air dry your clothes and hair instead of using dryer.
- Using or increasing the use of renewable sources of energy.
- Encourage people to use public transport.
- Cover pots and pans with tight-fitting covers. Trapped steam allows the food to cook faster.